Sunday, November 14, 2010

Highlights

Just the highlights - cause ... well ... I'm lazy! :)

For FHE on Monday we made Oreo Turkey's for our project. The girls had a fun time eating candy, using frosting as glue to put together their turkeys, and eating more candy. Bleck! I was sick by the end of the evening just from watching them eat so much. Bad Mom. :( Next year I think I will give each of them a little cup of their ingredients instead of splaying it all out on the table.


Mieka and Matthew's turkeys didn't last very long - about 2 minutes. They were more interested in eating them than making them.

Annika proclaimed between mouthfuls of candy .. "I just can't stop eating this stuff!" Umm ... yes you can.

A happy no longer bleeding nose Emma with her fun turkeys. Poor girl had a sudden nose bleed that put a sad damper for her on the turkey festivities. But now she's happy!

Rachel came to play for family home evening while Nancy was in Florida. After making turkeys she chased the girls around the basement. Thanks for tiring them out for us!!

Tuesday through Thursday just flew by ... not much to report. Well - except for a super AWESOME Hello Kitty Turkey that Mieka made for school. Sadly I forgot to take a picture of the finished project. Note to self - remember to insert picture of a fore mentioned turkey here!

Mieka dancing in the snow trying to catch a snowflake on her tongue. :)

Friday I got to go to the cannery with Nancy and Janice. I wish that I had taken pictures of us in our lovely aprons and hair nets. Lookin' Good! We canned chicken. Yuck! I will never look at canned meat the same again. But I am grateful that we were able to go help can food for those in need and that we are also now eligible to buy some for our food storage. Hoping it looks better when comes out than it did going in.

Saturday we were able to go to the Gingerbread House Festival done by the Boy Scouts. There were some pretty incredible gingerbread houses there. We ended up buying one of them - the Pinkalicious one of course! As soon as we it get home I'm going to fully coat it with shellac - mostly to keep little fingers from picking it apart before Christmas.

The Girls favorite gingerbread house - and of course it's pink - Pinkalicious!

Yay - we've already got our gingerbread house done for this year - in November! We bought it cause I knew I would never have the time or patience to recreate it for the girls. :)

This one was my favorite - and Dave's too. It's based on Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water House. Amazing!

Quick montage of the rest of the ones we thought that were stellar.
Amazing stuff and amazing people that made the amazing stuff!


Later we had a sort of super Saturday where we did all the Thanksgiving Count Down crafts that we were suppose to do during the week. Apple turkeys, Mayflowers, and nifty corn syrup leaves.



Joe Cool Turkey - looks like he has sunglasses on. :)


Leaves painted with Karo syrup and drops of food coloring. These turned out really pretty - the pictures don't do them justice. They are all marbled and shiny. Very cool.

Mayflower boats made from the cup grippers from Starbucks. Yes! I went to Starbucks and got hot chocolate just so that we could make these little crazy boats. My first time there - probably last unless we need more supplies for more crafts. :) Their coffee must be better than their hot chocolate.

That evening we headed over to a new burger place in Lehi. They make Belgian type fries there, so we decided to give it a try. Annika proclaimed the fries so good that she wants to go there every Saturday night! Apparently dipping them in her Lime Slushie is what made them good. Bleck! And Mieka decided that drinking her ketchup was the easiest way to get her vegetables for the day. Double Bleck!

Slushie dipper!

Ketchup drinker? What has Dave been teaching these girls?!?

Today was the Primary Program. I think because they had so many kids in the primary they had to make up some parts. Annika's part was to tell about a miracle that happened to her. She told about when she was sick last year and her Daddy and uncle (Dan) gave her a blessing. She immediately felt better - so it was a miracle. And truly it was! I had never seen her so sick and know that the blessing did heal her and give her comfort. Anyway - she did a super fantastic job. Walked right up to the microphone, spoke clearly and slowly. She did great!

Right before the Primary Program. Cute girls!

Later we made some funky little pie pastry things - layers of pie crust with chocolate chips and marshmallows between them. On FamilyFun they call them yumm-o leaves ... I would probably say more sort-of-ok leaves.
Annika proclaimed them "too crusty." I would have to agree. :) Probably give them a 2 1/2 stars - with Dave being the only one that wanted second helpings.



And then Dave gave a great Science Sunday lesson on surface tension. Awesome! Dave is a great teacher and does a great job of explaining why different things work the way the do. I hope by doing this that we will help encourage the girls to be interested in science. Maybe they will grow up to be rocket scientists!


Super great week. Once again we are so blessed to have happy, healthy girls. And happy, maybe not so healthy as we could be but working on it mom and dad. We are grateful for Dave's jobs - plural as in 2 - just until February. And we are grateful for the great prosperity Heavenly Father has blessed us with!

2 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

seriously I wanna live next to you guys just so I can get some great ideas and have you show me how to do them. You are seriously one of the most involved parents EVER! Anyways cute pics long entry *which I love* and lots and lots of cute darling ideas.

fgsucher said...

Sounds like a good week - lots of sweets - must be related to the Suchers. What beautiful girls sent to such loving and wonderful parents.