Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Snow ice cream

Well - when life gives you loads of snow .... you make snow ice cream! Yay! I found this recipe online and the girls thought it was pretty good. I think that I'm going to look around a bit more though and do some experimenting with chocolate ice cream to see if we can find the perfect recipe. :)

Mieka mixing the cream, sugar, and pudding up. Good stuff!

Annika got to fold in all the snow - 10 cups in total.
Don't worry - we made sure it was clean snow.


Enjoying the fruits of their labor. Kind of sort of tasted like soft serve.
Next time I'll put less sugar in.


NOTE: There are literally 11 new posts following this one. Eek! I got a bit behind on posting - but now we are finally all caught up. Yay!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My mom has often made "snow cream" using a little different recipe... it uses sweetened condensed milk and a bit of vanilla (if I remember correctly). She used to keep a can of the sc milk in her desk at school. Then if they had clean snow and the kids were good they'd make snow cream in class :)

Dave & Melissa Southern said...

i just found a paula dean one on food network that uses condensed milk ... i think i'll try that next time. this one was too sweet for my taste.

* 8 cups snow, or shaved ice
* 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Dave & Melissa Southern said...

actually i should have said - the one we made today was too sweet. the recipe above is the paula dean one that we will make next time. is that what your mom uses?