Friday, October 15, 2010

Calling all Fancy Nancys

The Lehi Library hosted a Fancy Nancy party on the 23rd and we were part of the throng of little girls that went. We picked Emma up at 6:00 and started the princess make-over for all 3 girls. It's a good thing we started early - 3 fancy hair styles took a while.

The 3 pretty princesses/Fancy Annika, Mieka, and Emma's.

Luckily we got over there early and were able to find a seat. By 7:00 the place was packed. I think the word about the party spread far and wide as there were more than 50 little girls in attendance. And the giggle volume was definitely turned up to 11!

Mieka reading a book before the party started.

Emma looking through a book as well. Like I said - we got there early so we could get a seat! The girls were good sports about having to wait for the party to start. :)

The lady doing the party read a Fancy Nancy book about stars and then told the girls about different constellations. It was different than I thought it would be - for some reason I thought it would be about manners and French things since Fancy Nancy is a xenophile ("
A person attracted to that which is foreign, especially to foreign peoples, manners, or cultures" - that word is actually in the Fancy Nancy dictionary - no kidding!). It was great to see that they were teaching girls about science though. I'm all for that!


Annika and Emma dancing to Twinkle Twinkle :)

1 comment:

Stacey said...

That is a cute idea! All of the girls look darling.